Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Okay, I'm kinda in a super excited mood. Right now. I have tons of books and reviews planned out (though I have to focus on actually reading and finishing  books to write them, which I'm working on). I joined the school varsity touch football team (I'm no athlete so this is an accomplishment), I've won a small prize after getting an honorable mention in a writing competition (!!!!) and I'm now a part of the amazing site New Books for New Bloggers. Basically, stuff's good for me and that's why I'm kinda gushy and excited in this post. :) 



Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week I can't wait for...
Anna Dressed in Blood


Author: Kendare Blake
Release Date: August 30 2011
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story. . . 

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead. 

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay. 

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home. 

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.


How amazing does that sound? I LOVE the kick but heros! I have a big feeling I'll love this book- I mean, have you SEEN the cover? It sounds a bit like a Supernatural episode (which incidentally is returning soon!!!!) Sorry, I'm gushing, but I really can't wait to read this. So what are you waiting for? Leave a comment and a link please so I can visit you too! And brownie points for voting in the Hades vs. The Demon's Surrender poll for my cover war on the right!

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a great book. I'm adding it to my To-Read list.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Erika
    My WOW: http://bit.ly/dZBPUw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this book! It's one of the ones I need to buy the day it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it sounds so good plus it also has an amazing cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...