Monday, March 28, 2011

Cover War! Hades vs. The Demon's Surrender

I was thinking the other day of the trends in YA covers. So many covers are similar with the same colors and the such, and I'm wondering what covers work more for people. This began the idea of a cover war. All covers I choose have their merits, but which one is more liked? Which shall triumph?

Basically, I just want to look at some pretty covers.

So without further ado...

Hades (Halo, #2) vs. The Demon's Surrender (The Demon's Lexicon Trilogy, #3)

They both have orangish tints, guys with dark clothing and the backgrounds have objects where it's all dark (Hades has black trees, The Demon's Surrender has black buildings). Which is your favourite? Leave a comment!

3 comments:

  1. I like Hades better. For some reason The Demon's Surrender looks kind of plain and boring to me, It doesn't draw my eye to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I love Hades! So I guess Hades will move on to the next round...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to say it, but I am not a fan of either cover. I liked the cover of Halo and think it was much better than Hades, which looks a bit cartoonish. I agree with Kayla, Demon's Surrender does look plain. However, if I had to choose between the two, I pick Hades.
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...