Friday, March 18, 2011

Spotlight On... Melissa Marr

It seems like there are many authors I feel the need to gush about! On the top of my list would be the amazing Melissa Marr.

Melissa Marr

From Goodreads:


BIO STUFF:
I write books. I read books. That's all you need to know. The books matter, NOT the author.



Wow, I have to say that's so true! 


Website: http://www.melissa-marr.com/
Fansite: http://wickedlovely.com

Amazing books she has written include...

The Wicked Lovely series:

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely (Quality))Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely (Quality))Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, Book 3)Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely)Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely)
Short stories (WL related, already released):
Stopping TimeOld Habits 
Anthos she's written in: 
Love Is HellUnboundHalf-Minute HorrorsTeeth: Vampire Tales*Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions*
*not yet released
Graveminder (adult):
Graveminder


Everyone who knows me knows that I love love love love (x100...) Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series. In fact, I've read all of them (except Darkest Mercy which is actually resting right beside my laptop tempting me to pick it up and read it and the short stories). I'm even a Summer Court Head on the Wicked Lovely forum, the Rath and Ruins (which you should join if you're a WL fan- there's some great people there). But why do I love them so much? It's because of three things.

1. The amazing world. It's addicting to read about faeries. And no, we're not talking about Tinker Bell. These faeries are vicious, dangerous, otherworldly, and enthralling.

2. The fabulous plot. It's complicated and real. There's lots of action, and lots of romance. It is not black versus white or good versus evil in any sense. Melissa's world is a world of the grey, and the WL books actually make you think and challenge your views of right and wrong.

3. The characters. Holy $#*! there are so many real, lovable characters. My favourite would be Keenan, but there is a character for everyone to love. And I mean everyone. There isn't a clear hero or villain, so it really depends on who you are and what you believe in to support a character.

If you haven't read WL, READ IT! Now.

I'd like to warn people first that these are dark books, especially Ink Exchange, that deal with hard issues. They are in no way light reads (though they aren't too long) so keep that in your thoughts.

For those of you who have read them,  I have two questions. What Court would you be in and who's your favourite character?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...