Friday, July 15, 2011

A Post About Many Things



Darn it, I never thought I'd be doing one of these weird "everything else" posts again. I have a schedule! I (usually) follow my schedule! But that's life, unpredictable.

First, long overdue is my wrap up to Once Upon a Read-a-thon. I had a goal and I didn't accomplish it (booo...) I was on my 7th book when the deadline came. I was close though! I read...

The Berlin Boxing ClubCloakedThe Darlings Are ForeverExposedMy Life, the Theater, and Other TragediesTimeless
And I almost finished reading:
Wonderland
I should mention that I've finished Wonderland and another book, Wrapped so I'm currently reading Balefire by Cate Tiernan which sums up all aspects of my reading.

On to other matters.

What day is it today? July 15? *GASP* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 the movie is being released today for the public if your parents didn't allow you to go to the midnight premiere at your neighborhood cinema with your BFF. I've been doing a little marathon of movies, one a night in preparation of this final film chapter in the biggest movie and book franchise of my LIFE.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Harry

Everyone's got some history with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Adults, kids, teens, tweens, and everything in between. J.K. Rowling is a genius and her series will never be forgotten; a huge classic.

The first time I had ever heard of Harry Potter was in my class of 1st grade during story time where me and my fellow classmates were waiting for the teacher to arrive while discussing the huge three-headed dog and flying on broomsticks. At the time I had no idea what Harry Potter was but I never forgot about that conversation and soon watched Harry Potter. Next I read it. (I was 7 by then.) Thus began by obsession with all things magic. I was infinitely disappointed when at 11 and 12 I never got a letter for admission to Hogwarts or the Canadian version.

That's why I'm watching the sixth movie today and not watching Harry Potter on it's release date. I never want it to end. Ever. No matter how much I want to see it there's another part of me that makes excuses to see it later. I know what happens of course, but seeing it happen will make it final like having a loved one die and seeing their corpse. I'm sure the movie is much better than a corpse though which is why I will be seeing it.

My point is that it's got history. What's your story? How did you begin to love Harry Potter? How did it change you?            

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually going to go see the Harry Potter movie today!!! I'm utterly sad to see it all be over, but I'm sure there will be more to come. Like, Pottermore is something to look forward to! No matter what, the HP series will be a part of my life, even if it is over :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...