Friday, July 27, 2012

Exploring My TBR (3)

This is one of my favourite features and it seems to be well received, so I'll be doing two of these posts a month. Enjoy!


How it works


I'll post 5 books from my TBR list on Goodreads, and why they're there. I'll also link to Goodreads so you can add them to your TBR too.  This feature is meant to highlight interesting sounding, but not really current reads. (Btw, I realized this is kind of like The Story Siren's Books To Pine For... but some of these titles are already released, and I'm writing my own synopsis.) This time we're wandering in to the realm of books not published yet. 


I've been reading this series for what seems like forever. (Maybe three years?) I'm dying to know by now how it ends. I've read 9 books that have heaped on more and more drama, and right now I have absolutely no idea what happens next. But I want to know! I love the mythology in the series. I love the House of Nights and the Guardians, and the magic. And now I want to start seeing the series start to wrap up. 


I thought 13 Little Blue Envelopes was a lot of fun. Travelling the world, gaining new experiences and unraveling a mystery. Seems like this book features even more travelling and fun! Plus now we know the characters a little bit better so more time will be spent on plot than introducing the characters. I don't know why I haven't read this book yet, but I hope I'll make the time. 


 I see this book everywhere. Seriously. At the library, the bookstore, in someone else's hands, in some blog. I don't know why I still haven't read it though. it was an early 2011 debut- right around when I started blogging and it's paranormal and features Fallen angels and some big (epic, I hope) battle between heaven and hell. What's not to like? I'm a huge fan of the paranormal and this is a title I really want to read. 
Entangled

It's the cover that did it. Yes, you see I adore high contrast and one of my favourite colours is red. So this cover is really appealing to me because I just love the colours. The book itself also sounds very cool. Grace wakes up in a white room all alone and with no recollection of how she got there. She has pens and paper to try to remember everything, and it she remembers some stuff but worries she forgot about something very important. I generally really like these kind of books where characters search for truth and the concept of this book very easily piques by interest. Definitely a must read. 


Funny coincidence: The Liar Society also features a Grace, but this time she's dead and it's up to Kate to work through the secrets at her boarding school and prove that Grace's death was no accident. Murder mystery! Woohoo! I remember for a time all of YA was about boarding schools, but that trends seemed to have faded (Booo! I liked it!). Anyway, I've seen some pretty cool trailers for this book and it sounds really fun. I don't know why I haven't read this book yet. Looks like a gem. :)



So, that's it for this week. Let me know your thoughts on any of the books here, or on any recs you may have. Have a great Friday! 










2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to add Entangled to my TBR pile now. Love the cover and the synopsis.

    A Touch Mortal was good. I loved the idea, but there was a bit more language than I would have liked. Still debating on if I should pick up A Touch Morbid.

    The Liar Society was great! Loved it and dying to get the sequel.

    Happy Reading! Oh, and new follower. =)
    Jenny @ A Bookish Co-Op

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entangled is really pretty eh? And now I'm really excited for The Liar Society. Thanks very much for visiting + following!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...