Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review: Passion


Passion (Fallen, #3) 




Author: Lauren Kate
Pages: 420
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Source: Library
Synopsis: Luce would die for Daniel. 


 And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . . 


 Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last. Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history. 


Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.


Buy the Book (The Book Depository/Amazon)


I didn't expect much from Passion at all. The others books in Lauren Kate's series didn't inspire too much confidence in me and the story could have been much better. That being said, there is something that keeps me reading these books.

I was surprised that there were parts I enjoyed though. You can see I had really low expectations. For the first time, I may have actually rooted for Daniel and Luce. At first I thought their love had no substance. I didn't understand why they were together besides having been together forever. After reading Passion, I've concluded that there is no logical reason. They are simply "soulmates" and that should be that. After accepting the fact that they loved each other forever and ignoring the why, the story was much more interesting.

Journeying through the past was much more eventful than it sounded like. I loved the settings and I was so curious about the origins of the curse. There was good pacing as some of the scenes were awful, but in a good way. It made me understand the hardships Daniel and Luce went through. It also made me respect Daniel as a character more. He was pining for this one girl for over 5000 years and he never gave up. That could be incredibly stupid of him but I still admire his perseverance and determination.

The ending left me with hope (again!) that the next book, now the final, would be spectacular. A huge, epic battle between good and evil. The plot did advance and hinted to a showdown-ish event. Whether that will happen and more importantly, whether it will be satisfying remains to be seen. I will read Rapture though. I've gone through three of these books and by now it would be a huge waste of my time not to read the next. Plus I'm just curious to see if anything will happen with Cam.

Overall, I thought Passion was much better than Torment. There was lot of interesting scenes and revelations. Luce's lives were interesting and the story was easy to read. 3.5 stars,

*** & 1/2 *

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your view on this series! I read Fallen and thought it was ok...and I can't even remember if I ever finished Torment or not...but I did actually quite enjoy Passion! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...