Monday, October 29, 2012

Review: Witch Hunt

Witch Hunt (The Witch-Game, #2)




Author: K.C. Blake
Source: Review copy (thank you!)
Synopsis: A magical game of Hide n Seek begins.
Find the missing player and win.
The game resets; everyone forgets and starts to play it again.

Starr Hughes hasn’t believed in magic since her mother died. As a reporter for the school paper, she believes in hard facts. Hiding under the headmaster’s desk, planting bugs, and breaking into a fellow student’s home are all on her to-do list. So when she hears the mysterious group known as the It-Squad are about to start playing a secretive game, she wants to know more. She’s especially interested in the group’s gorgeous leader, Dylan Winchester.

With her boy-crazy best friend at her side, Starr is going to discover that not only are witches real, they need her help. Someone is using the game to steal their memories, their powers, and perhaps their lives.

Buy the book (Amazon /Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide)

Witch Hunt is an entertaining book. It has what I call "readability". It's something that makes the reader pick up the book and instantly get into the story. There were a few things that I didn't like at all, but for some reason I just very much enjoyed the writing style of Witch Hunt to the point where the faults didn't bug me that much.

I'll start with my biggest issue. I didn't feel like any of the characters were realistic or likable. A lot of the plot was also unrealistic although I could accept that since the story wasn't meant to be realistic; just fun. I didn't like Starr at all in the beginning but somehow she grew on me. Privacy is so important to me, and Starr completely disregarded it. She was a classic snoop and I don't like those type of characters (or people) at all. That's a me thing though. I was a bit surprised that I didn't like most of the characters. They were so flawed and I didn't feel like their redeeming qualities were enough to, well, redeem them. So let's just get it out of the way that this is not a character oriented book.

The plot on the other hand was entertaining. I loved the premise and I had fun with what was happening. I keep saying the word entertaining because that's what this book was. Fun, and light. I always knew what to expect from this book: that I'd get into an engrossing read. The only part of the plot I didn't enjoy was something character related. I guessed the villain from the beginning so there wasn't much unexpected stuff happening.

After finishing Witch Hunt, I kind of love the world. This is the second book in the series but each book is about new characters so it isn't necessary to read the first book (I didn't). It was obvious to me though that the setting is somewhere with a lot of room for great stories. There's so many possibilities in this world. I would have enjoyed a few more details about the magical details but that didn't take away from the fun. It's been a while since I read about witches and now I'm wondering why it's been so long.

If you're looking for a light and fun read with a bit of magic, danger, and love, you should try Witch Hunt. 3 stars,

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...