Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review: Out for Blood

Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles)
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
Pages: 304
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Source: Library
Other Books in the Series:Hearts at Stake (Drake Chronicles, Book 1)Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles)
Synopsis: Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy, where she excels at just about everything. Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends-or even more. When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra . . . help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire. Who said senior year would be easy?


Out for Blood: YES!! That was my reaction when I began reading it. I've been in a bit of a reading slump and it seemed like Out for Blood was exactly what I needed to get out of it.

The series keeps getting better and better. I loved reading about Logan and Isabeau but I love reading about Hunter and Quinn even more. Quinn has even made #1 on my list of Drake brothers.

Out for Blood unveiled a whole new part of the Drake world— the Helios- Ra Academy. Hunter has been going there for the last 4 years and the story took place during her senior year. She's a fabulous narrator! Kick-butt but loyal, stubborn, and doesn't listen to rules that don't make sense. Hunter's the kind of gal who will always do the right thing no matter who she has to fight to get there. Reading about her and her friends was a treat. Her world is different from what I guessed and I'm surprised at how much I loved it.

Quinn... *sighs* He's the girl crazy brother. He's always after a girl, or should I say they're always after him. He charms every girl around him but he makes sure not to get into a relationship. Then he meets Hunter and one thing leads to another. Needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed their romance.

The plot of Out for Blood was interesting. It left you guessing a lot and was fun to read. I don't think this installment furthered the overall story near as much as Blood Feud did but this was a fun read. Plus we met some super cool characters that I'm hoping will get an important role in the story.

Overall, I loved reading this. I read it in one sitting and I was hooked. 4.5 stars,

**** & 1/2 *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...