Monday, February 6, 2012

Review: Fins Are Forever


Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)





Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Pages: 272
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Library
Series: Sequel to Forgive My Fins
Cover Thoughts: Pretty! I love the colours, and the hair, the lips and especially the eyes are really well done.
Synopsis: On Lily Sanderson's eighteenth birthday she'll become just a girl--still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all. 


 Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she's almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily's father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily's former crush, Brody? 


 The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily's past shows up--Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There's a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?


Buy the Book (Amazon/The Book Depository)



Fins are Forever flew by. I thought it was a really cute novel but I'm sorry to say I enjoyed Forgive My Fins much more.

Lily has decided that she will relinquish her title as Princess Waterlily so she can stay with Quinn. All through the book you see Lily and Quinn's romance and it's adorable yes, but I felt like I was missing the real Quinn. He fit the doting boyfriend role perfectly but not much else. That may just be me though. All we saw of them was that they were a cute happy couple who made out a lot and supported each other, and I wasn't satisfied.

There were some new characters introduced like Dosinia who I never thought was as bad as Lily made her out to be, at least in the beginning. Dosinia's storyline was a bit too perfect. Does it take just one week to get a happily ever after? I know this series is light though, so I didn't worry too much about it. The other new character, Tellin, was charming and I really liked his addition to the book and the plot. I was rooting for him and I can't wait to read more about him.

The main reason I felt a bit unsatisfied was because of the fact that not too much happened for a while. I got annoyed with Lily constantly repeating how stressed out she was over the SATs and her duty. The plot was also a bit simple. I don't know, it just wasn't my piece of cake.

For all my mentioning the negatives, there were many positives. The writing got me into the story. I never looked at the page number and I was surprised to find out I finished the book because I was so into the story. Lily's little fish slang was cute and as always, I'm really excited to see what happens next.

Overall a nice read that's light and perfect for the beach. 3.5 stars,

*** & 1/2 *

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...