Saturday, October 29, 2011

Review: Bite Club


Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)




Author: Rachel Caine
Pages: 340
Publisher: NAL Hardcover
Source: Library
Synopsis: After discovering that vampires populate her town, college student Claire Danvers knows that the undead just want to live their lives. But someone else wants them to get ready to rumble. 


There's a new extreme sport getting picked up on the Internet: bare- knuckle fights pitting captured vampires against each other-or humans. Tracking the remote signal leads Claire- accompanied by her friends and frenemies-to discover that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville...


Buy the Book (The Book Depository/Amazon)

I ♥ Morganville. Not the town because it sounds terrifying to live in but the books. Why? Imagine having a beautiful, perfect dream and then waking up. You're lucky though- the next time you go to sleep the dream continues. That is the Morganville Vampire books to me. I can't help if I'm addicted to them.

Rachel Caine has the best story ideas. I envy how she can always come up with a new heart-pounding action-packed novel with the same characters in the same setting and make it work. That takes major skill; that 10 books in, I don't want to ever stop reading these books. The second I pick up a Morganville book, that's it. I don't do anything except read that book. Any second not reading is wasted.

Bite Club (love the name) is about a dangerous new situation and this time Shane's the one in danger. He's not acting like himself- he's aggressive, dangerous, and withdrawing from Claire. Basically acting like a jerk, but he can't help it. Parts of Bite Club were written in Shane's perspective and I loved it. Shane is a complex guy, he's been through so much. He's scarred for life. I couldn't help but feel terrible for him and root for him.

The other characters were as awesome as ever. They're all such strong friends and work so well together as a team. There was a huge awesome surprise that I found totally welcome. I'm all excited about it. I think those who've read it already will know what I'm talking about. There were little bits of storylines that I think will be important in future novels. I'm really curious about them.

Overall, another great addition to the Morganville series. There's really not that much else to say. 4 stars,

****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...